• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU Block Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sleepy_Steve

I think i will end up building my next PC before the R600 series releases.

Therefore i will likley be getting an x1950xt or xtx. I might upgrade latter i might not.
For that reason, i am going to avoid the full coverage blocks.

Which block is best for cooling the 1900 series of cards??
MCW60 by Swiftech
Maze 5 by DangerDen

I really like my MCW60, keeps my video card (see sig) at a 31c right now. Never breaks 45c on FULL load.

However... The Maze4 was in par if not a little less than a MCW60, and the Maze5 design is much better, although somewhat more restrictive (not a problem if you have a strong pump though). Personally I'd get the Maze5, plus I like the hold down style a lot better than MCW60..

Hmm, please elaborate... I havn't installed a GPU block before.
At first the mounting systems seemed to be very similar... both using 4 spring loaded bolts.

I am trying to not use highly restrictive blocks because i am only running a mag drive 3 for the pump. I would think that my heater cores in parrallel, along with a low restriction apogee on the CPU.

I suppose that either solution will be far better than any air solution... Should i take a Maze5's restriction for the preformance gain??

Back