• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Striker Extreme not posting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fekta

Registered
I keep getting a CMOS error on the LCD when the PC tries to POST. Evertying else checks out ok. I have cleared the CMOS and even gone as far as to remove the battery from the MOBO. Any ideas?

I just put the machine together and this is the first time booting it up....During POST everyting is fine then after IDE detect it reads CMOS err.

Are you setting everything to default, meaning no OC's on anything? I'd strip everything out but the CPU, ram and video card. See if it will boot up and sit there giving the "no disc" message. If so I'd suspect the drive or its cable.

Dragonprince said:
Are you setting everything to default, meaning no OC's on anything? I'd strip everything out but the CPU, ram and video card. See if it will boot up and sit there giving the "no disc" message. If so I'd suspect the drive or its cable.

Nothing....I havent had the PC start once with the board so its default out of the box settings. Everything clears POST though..

Back