• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I want to Dual boot with OSX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

twitchee2

Registered
This is something I have been wanting to do for a long time. My current rig is in my sig running XP pro, I would like to run a dual boot with OSX. My sister just bought a mac mini so I have a legit copy of 10.4.8, I think its tiger. I know this is doable, but im not to sure how. Can anyone give me some ideas on how I should go about this or point me in the right to direction to find out. I have done searches on google to no avail. Thanks for all help.

It is against apples EULA to install OS X on non-apple hardware. You could dual-boot OS X and XP on the Mac Mini if it's an intel setup.

schnikies79 said:
It is against apples EULA to install OS X on non-apple hardware. You could dual-boot OS X and XP on the Mac Mini if it's an intel setup.
So it would be a real pain. then i wont worry about it.

To be more specific than EULA. OS X, even the intel version, checks for a TPM chip on the motherboard to let it know if it should install, if it's not there or doesn't match, it's a no go. The PowerPC version of X will install under emulation, but it's slow as heck and a lot of the options are missing.

There are hacked copies of OS X out there that will install on commodity hardware, but i'm not going into that.

Im not going to even attempt for that reason I dont want to violte anything. mod please feel free to lock/delete this thread please.

Back