• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help with install problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ashenfang

The Jet Man!
Now, I consider my self pretty computer savy, but this just has me confused :confused: I recently had to do a format, reinstall on my moms computer. Installed windows xp, service pack 2. Installed avg antivirus, adaware, and some other programs that she uses for her business. I got to the point to install her wireless keyboard and mouse (logitech mx700) I hooked up the keyboard, mouse and reciever, windows dectected it, but it wouldn't work. I thought, well thats wierd, so I pulled out the CD, loaded it in, and it started up, then a big nice fat windows error box pops up and says "this software is not compatible with your operating system" wtf...... so i head over to logitechs website and download the windows xp install.....same thing...im at a loss :rolleyes:

At this point in the game I would just start over. Reinstall then put in the MX 700 then install all other software. Bad installs do happen and that may not be your problem but I would give that a shot. You could also check your device manager and make sure that it is not related to XP not detecting some things like the USB bus. I suggest this because in my experience that MX700 should be detected and run functionally without the logitech drivers.

well thats kinda what I thought. But the USB hubs are all installed properly, and even a couple other usb devices, (laser printer, card reader, ect.) installed and work fine....so Im reluctant to reinstall windows (it was a big pain in the first place) due to not having all the software (compaq system, no cd's given) I managed to do the reinstall and locate all the drivers through compaq and other sites on the internet. I initially thought that it might be a problem with the usb, but when you plug it in, it does detect it......just won't install the software....I will take another crack at it and see what I can find.

Back