• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5B-D/E6600/Temp Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ThePunkGeek

Whats with the bios temp being way off from the windows monitoring temp?
37 Bios vs 33 Windows. I hardly believe the bios is stressing more then windows. Is the bios reading from a motherboard sensor when windows is reading from an on-die senor or is it the other way around?

lots of motherboard , when your in the BIOS HLT is not operational, so it can show a higher temp, sit there long enough it should go higher.
now i am not saying that any of this stuff is real accurate, and being off by 4*C here and there, is probably par for things, but an unloaded cpu going into a HLT state, can get to room temp almost, and most of the stuff i have played with, when in the BIOS the HLT (or something) is not active, so its usually hotter than Idled in the os.
SO
the bios isnt streesing out the cpu, but it might not be stopping/changing it either.

Last edited:
Back