• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have the eVGA 680i SATA bug badly!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krag

Classifieds Moderator
Welp, the first 2 days of my current system was great (see siggy). But about the 2nd day I started to experience instability, and while in windows I would get little "SATA array" errors in the little pop-up boxes. Until, it crashed and I lost my Raid O array. Its the first time I have ever lost an Raid O array. "I thought, no problem, I'll just re-install windows"...HAHAHHAHAH! Yeah right! I have tried at least 10 times to install my copy of XP Pro on ym Raid O array. It locks up every time. I cannot get it to complete an install.

I called eVGA tech support and they said, "We are working on it, you will have to wait." So, I have this expensive big paper weight here in my Lian-Li. Before you ask, my system went back to stock after the first SATA error and yes, I have "floppy flashed" my board to the P21 bios.

Section8 said:
The SATA bug is fixed with BIOS P23.

Indeed, as soon as I get my hands on my RMA I'll be a testing it out!

I went with the P5N32-E because of all the problems I heard with this board. Hope it's working better in the new BIOS release.

krag said:
Indeed, as soon as I get my hands on my RMA I'll be a testing it out!

Same here... Had the Asus 680i board and it would not keep BIOS settings so I had to RMA it.. Then I got the EVGA 680i Board and it was DOA had [-][-] in the LED error code display... Damn 0 for 2... I hope 3rd time is the charm

Wow i got lucky.I guess

Running good here.
I used the SATA ports that are stacked on the board.Not the SATA ports on the edge of the board.
Don't those 2 SATA ports go through the south bridge ? Maybe has something to do with it.

Everything else looking god so far.I also see a lot in common with the same power supply issue with the OCZ.

I'm using a Enermax 651 noisetaker.Solid voltage numbers here.

Back