• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5WD2-E Video card question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

belorsch

Folding Monk
Can an old PCI video card be used on this mb and if so do I need to change a jumper or something. I know its a strange question but here is the background for those bored enough to read it :) I came into a little cash recently and bought a p5wd2-e and PD 930 w/cpu cooler off the classies here recently. I hadn't planned on this purchase but the price seemed too good to pass up. I was hoping to throw this rig together with some memory I bought from the egg and parts I had laying around to use as an SMP F@H pc. I put the rig together with an old diamond card but no video. Any ideas on how can get this running fast and cheap? TIA

yes it will work just fine. in bios you need to select "video out as PCI". might have to try one of 3 PCI slots if you having no video.

Thanks UC, I'll give that a try.
Edit: I hope I don't have to make the change in advance.

Last edited:
Hmm, that didn't work, I'm trying to look for Asus POST error codes now to confirm its video related and not some dumb mistake on my part. :)

Back