• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Running a proxy through a domain you own?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Precision

3Dmark Team Member
Ok, there are sites like ctunnel.com and hidmy*ss.com to run through. I have a domain on a video game site. How hard/is it possible, to do this with my site (put something like ctunnel on it) I don't even know if this is possble, just curious.

Yes it is possible BUT there is a good chance that if the different Content Filter Classifiers catch on, they may classify your entire site as a Proxy. A few kids at the school I work at have found out the hard way about that.

You can run proxies for free but usually if you are doing that with a competent network admin checking logs you are SOL and could be in worse trouble.

I don't want to do anything to get me in trouble. I only want ME to be able to do it if that is even legal? since it sounds like when you say "trouble" it means like law trouble? or just that it will be blocked from people?

Back