• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stiker Extreme Round2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fekta

Registered
I had made a previous post as to why my Striker Extreme was not POST'ing. Well newb mistake my DVD burner jumper was in the wrong spot and that was hanging it up. Well I got it to boot once and now im getting stuck on CPU Int during POST.

ASUS overnighted another BIOS chip and i'm getting the same thing. The HS is seated just fine...everything has been taken apart and put back together.

Now get this...I put the old bios chip back in and every other reboot or so i get the Striker extreme screen but when I hit delete to enter setup I get nothing....The new BIOS gives nothing but the CPU Int. error during POST.

The CMOS has been cleared multiple times on both BIOS chips.

any ideas?

this is why i setup the bare minimum, boot, check post beeps and build from there..i never just build the whole system and then check cause its harder to trouble shoot.

bkny10555 said:
this is why i setup the bare minimum, boot, check post beeps and build from there..i never just build the whole system and then check cause its harder to trouble shoot.

Same here. I install just enough to get into bios. If that goes well then I start adding the other parts.
The way I look at it is, if I can't get into the bios and have to remove the mobo or something, then there's a lot less in the way.:p

Back