• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My EVGA 680i

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lames

Registered
Well wasn't sure I should put this here or what but I just got done building my latest build..

EVGA 680i P21 BIOS
EVGA 8800GTX (stock clocks)
E6400 @ 2.13 1.28v(stock)
OCZ Powerstream 520
Ballistix PC10000 5-5-5-12 1.9v (stock)

And I've been having some major/minor Windows lag. Takes a bit for me to boot up and takes a bit to open say Firefox or something..

Any info that would help me kill the lag would be awsome..

well have you gotten the lastest bios from EVGA for the board?

other then that im not sure what it could be, hope someone else can help out. im not using my board yet.

Yes, I have the latest BIOS update (P21 BIOS). I overclocked it to 2.8ghz today on stock air and at 1.31v and did the RAM to 900mhz(puts it at 800mhz knowing its PC10000 and did 4-4-4-12 @ 1T 1.9v) and when I started getting around 2.7 ghz or so it started to lag a bit on the stuff I mentioned so I just loaded up defaults then did some minor adjustments and I'm still getting the lag..

Well that might be the problem possibly lol. I've come from being an AMD fanboy/lover for years and just upgraded to the Intel side because the C2Ds looked sexy compared to my AMD X2 4400 Teldeo...

I will mess around in the 1T/2T crap and will post to see if it likes it or not lol.

Thanks.

I'm currently pimping a Lian Li V2000B Plus 2....it's 'teh sexyness'.

Lames said:
Yes, I have the latest BIOS update (P21 BIOS). I overclocked it to 2.8ghz today on stock air and at 1.31v and did the RAM to 900mhz(puts it at 800mhz knowing its PC10000 and did 4-4-4-12 @ 1T 1.9v) and when I started getting around 2.7 ghz or so it started to lag a bit on the stuff I mentioned so I just loaded up defaults then did some minor adjustments and I'm still getting the lag..

As Evilsizer mentioned, try 2T. Evilsizer has consistently been a knowledgable poster on this forum forever. I can not get my system to run Windows XP on a 1T setting.
If that is not the issue, what about your hard drive? Is your hard drive new? Unfortunately, all the moving parts in a hard drive wear out in a few years.

My e6600 system runs everything I throw at it quickly.

Back