• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help for an Gigabyte GA-965G-DS3??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pizzapieguy

I was wondering what would be a good cooler for this motherboard. Im putting a e6600 on it. The cooler has to have a low profile (70mm or less in height) since my case is small.
I was think:

Thermaltake CL-P0257 Blue orb II CPU Cooler for LGA775 & K8 - Retail

or

COOLER MASTER RR-LCH-P9E1 92mm UFO CPU Cooler - Retail

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was also wondering if the Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 would be better in terms of gaming and overclocking.

Im not sure on hight but check out he zelman cpu cooler. before i had to rma my board and replace it with the dq6 it worked great. kept it 35c-39c idle

IMO

pizzapieguy said:
I was wondering what would be a good cooler for this motherboard. Im putting a e6600 on it. The cooler has to have a low profile (70mm or less in height) since my case is small.
I was think:

Thermaltake CL-P0257 Blue orb II CPU Cooler for LGA775 & K8 - Retail

or

COOLER MASTER RR-LCH-P9E1 92mm UFO CPU Cooler - Retail

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was also wondering if the Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 would be better in terms of gaming and overclocking.
I noticed the questoin in your sig. You are not going to overclock a 965G.

Have you already bought the motherboard? If not, I would suggest a 975 chipset for the 6600 cpu.

I was just wondering if a 140x140x66 cooler would fit this motherboard.

I decided that I would go with the GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3

jph1589 said:
I noticed the questoin in your sig. You are not going to overclock a 965G.

Have you already bought the motherboard? If not, I would suggest a 975 chipset for the 6600 cpu.

Anybody know why a 975 chipset is better than a 965 chipset, for the 6600 cpu ? The 965 chipset is newer than the 975 chipset, isn't it ?

Back