• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5WDH Q fan.... help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nd4spdbh2

Ok well i use the "Q fan" feature on my p5wdh to spin down a lil 40mm fan thats on my NB... i have it set to silent mode and at stock clock the q fan works... but when i overclock it makes the fan spin all the way up... to its full screaming almost 8k rpms... it makes me wanna pull my hair out considering i think a yate loon at 7 volts is still sorta loud...

Is there n e fix to this

BTW the fan is on the cpu header (might have something to do with spinning full speed with oc) and i am using bios 1601 (did it with 1407 too)

nope by design all the Q-fan features are disabled when you oc to give you full cooling performance. You could get a fan controller if you wanna force it to run slower... or a fan power reducer

i have a fan controler for the rest of the fans im just to lazy to wire it up lol... makes sence how it disables it... ill figure somethin out.. mabey a inline 5v voltage regulator... or a resister.

Back