• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Missing pin on motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What do you mean.. the c2d doesnt have pins.. its the pin on the socket of the mobo

If you are missing a contact in the LGA socket, I think you are pretty much screwed and will have to send it to the manufacturer for them to fix it. AFAIK, nobody can fix the LGA sockets on the mobo besides a manufacturer.

trendx said:
What do you mean.. the c2d doesnt have pins.. its the pin on the socket of the mobo

The pin or contact area on the cpu and socket .

I know the 775 doesnt have pins..
But you could try it.I know some poeple have gotten lucky with cpu's missing pins.So why not the board.But if it doesnt work rma it.

Well I can easily RMA it through newegg because i dont want problems later down the road if i were to sell it or buy a new processor. Now my question is if i were to RMA this one and get a new one would my OC be as stable and good as it is now or is there no way to tell?

Back