• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA 680i "SATA FIX" P23 BETA BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Let's hope this fixes it. I like eVGA and was a little skeptical when they released the 680i board.

Rebuild Your RAID Array after Flash

Allot of problems that people are havening is not Rebuilding there RAID array after the flash, Ive seen this happen to many times, Even running a check disk or fix program wont bring back corrupt data. And as we all know, RAID can be very picky but once up are solid.

i Just reformatted and rebuilt my RAID from scratch, Trust me it works to the point that you are sure you don't have data corruption. :burn:

Peace,

Ken

phantasm said:
Let's hope this fixes it. I like eVGA and was a little skeptical when they released the 680i board.
Foxconn was the manufacture of the 680i, Foxconn was commissioned by Nvidia to produce a reference board for them, there are about 5 other distributer like EVGA with the same board, and they just put there name's on it, The only difference in the board's is the packaging and support you get. now Asus board is built in house by asus manufacturing and is different, but you pay for it , the striker 680i runs abut 409.00 at newegg, and in test's the Foxconn-(EVGA) beat it, so I guess we will see, I do like The striker by asus, and have owned allot of asus boards, but there support has allot to be desired.

Peace,

Ken

caution . . . before changing bios . . . .

Caution . . . . . .

Unless you want to run your drives in a RAID array, I would not change BIOS from p21 to p23.

While it does seem to successfully address RAID troubles, it seems to hamper overclocking.

My brother changed his bios from p21 to p23. With the p23 bios his overclocking settings of 3300Mhz @1.25v would not run any more. He does not use a RAID setup. So he changed his bios back to p21 and was able to run his 3300MHz OC again.

I have a system with the same components (cpu, motherboard, RAM, and HDD) as my brother and I am running my e6600 at 3600MHz @ 1.450v, no RAID; with the p21 bios.

Back