• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i need some help, building a computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

definity

Registered
i got the new quad core processor with a DFI infinity motherboard and 2 gb of ram and a new 320gb hd with my old 40 gb hd now i plugged it all up and it isnt working i got the 500w power supply so that isnt it evreything seam like it is in the right place but there is 1 problem i pluged in my 2 hd and realised there is no space for the dc rom drive there is 1 more ide slot but that said in th emanual that this is for a floppy drive any ideas on what it could be?

yeah get teh 2 position ribbon cable and hook teh hd's together on one cable and then you have 1 for teh cdroms.
Be sure your jumpers are set up correctly for teh 2 hds on one ribbon(or rounded )IDE Cable

DFI Infinity board does not say much...there are many Infinity boards...do you have DFI 975X/G Infinity board? That is its' name.

It has one EIDE port and can handle only two EIDE devices...period...is why I bought sata ATAPI burner...also have used Usb Burners...

RGone...

definity said:
i got the new quad core processor with a DFI infinity motherboard and 2 gb of ram and a new 320gb hd with my old 40 gb hd now i plugged it all up and it isnt working i got the 500w power supply so that isnt it evreything seam like it is in the right place but there is 1 problem i pluged in my 2 hd and realised there is no space for the dc rom drive there is 1 more ide slot but that said in th emanual that this is for a floppy drive any ideas on what it could be?

Back