• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zone Alarm Randomly Rebooting Computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

prw001

I just recently installed the latest Zone Alarm software and my computer seems to randomly reboot ATLEAST once a day. I have run my computer over nite and for hours when I have been away and it seems to be fine. However, when I am working on the computer it seems to happen, but at random times making it so I have not been able to pin point the cause.

* Just curious if anyone else has encountered this reboot problem or knows of a fix.

* Is there a way to see a log file either from Zone Alarm or Windows XP to see the cause of the crash and try to pin point the problem.

Thanks

I have had a problem on occasion when I shut it off to play a game. When turning ZA back on it reboots. I usually reboot the PC and have it come on in startup.

My reboots were blamed on a driver?? According to Windows.

I don't suppose you remember what the driver was? Was it a Windows driver or Zone Alarm?

Back