• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do you think about Reserator 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Komrade

Registered
Hey everyone, sorry to make another post so soon, but im one of those eager people and i cant wait a long time for anwers, sorry.

I have my mind set on the reserator 2 but there are still doubts, like will i be able to go 100% fanless? and if not then what would i need to be as stealthy as possible, yes like splinter cell stealthy :D . My other option is just putting together components but stil keeping things as quite as possible, im not looking fro overclocking really. Another good thing would be mobility, me and my buddies gather often at someones house to get drunk and play random games together, the zalman looks pretty mobile but im not sure about all these other systems, can anyone comment on that as well.

again sorry for being such a multiple poster but thats just me.

Cancel this thread i basically have been converted from the reserator idea cause as good as it sounds its too expensive and well looks like the pump is too weak to even bother attaching any other compenents like ram ro north bridge. so im gona try to assmble my own kit on an old computer, seee if i can get it right and then transfer taht onto my new ocmputer.

Well for starters i read your other thread; there is plenty of useful information in there for you to consider. One thing i would like to add.

If your looking for a MOBILE water cooling setup then the reserator is not the answer. It would basically take 2 people to move your tower and then res. The only other option would be to drain and refill your loop every time you move it.

Your much better off with one of the DIY kits mentioned in your other thread. But as was pointed out there, it sounds like you really want the reserator. If thats the case then do what you want, it's your money. The consensus however is that you can get better results elsewhere. Good luck.

A good substitute for fanless cooling is getting a double or triple BIP, putting 4/6 yate loons @ 7v on there, you probably won't even hear em if your a good 2 ~ 4ft away from them, and thats if the room is dead silent.

um im sorry to look thing dumb but since i dont know BLEEP about water cooling, wanan rewrite that with english? cause all those abreviations are way over my head :) thanks

Um,,,,, im sorry but i cant understand what u jsut said that, my abreviation vocab ends at lol, wc, brb. could u please explain to the lame brain plz :)

wow i also feel quite retarted cause i posted the same thing twice, my internet froze up fro a bit and then cleared the msg so i thought it didnt go through,

im so sorry ppl, i bet some admin is looking down at me thinking waht a moron :)

ziggo0 said:
A good substitute for fanless cooling is getting a double or triple BIP, putting 4/6 yate loons @ 7v on there, you probably won't even hear em if your a good 2 ~ 4ft away from them, and thats if the room is dead silent.

What he's saying is to get a double or triple (2 or 3 fan radiator) Black Ice Pro radiator and putting 4 or 6 Yate Loons (specific fans) and run them at 7v (volts) and you probably wouldn't hear it 2 to 4 feet away.

Ahh thank you very much, sounds quite nice. Also i found this site www.xoxide.com is that any good for buying these components? and if not anyone know a cheaper site

mabye go to danger den

and if you want quiet get a large rad wiff a couple of low noize fans, but no matter what rad you get thermochill or BIX you will still need the fans....

Building your own kit is the way to go if you are willing to spend some time and do the research to make sure you get exactly what you want as far as performance and silence go. Since you are new and seem a bit anxious about the whole thing, you could get a decent kit from Petrastechshop.com. He basically is taking DIY parts and just putting them together for you.

If you haven't done so, do some reading at http://xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=119699, and for stores, at http://xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=67179 . (sorry fellow OCers but Maxx's guides have our stickes beat)

Back