• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FireFox - Multiple Instances

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OkydOky

Is there a way to disable multiple instances of Firefox.

I would like nothing to happen when one instance of FF is running, and a 2nd instance is tried to be run... or even better yet, if I could have it simply open a tab in the current FF when I run FF again (Like can be done with Opera).

Using ctrl-T will open a new tab.
Also right clicking on a link gives you the option of opening in a new Tab or Window.
(ctrl-N for new instance/window)

Last edited:
RTP said:
Using ctrl-T will open a new tab.
Also right clicking on a link gives you the option of opening in a new Tab or Window.
(ctrl-N for new instance/window)

But he doesn't want to be able to make a new window come up at all. As far as I know there isn't a no 2nd interface setting but RTP is right that you can just use quick commands to open more tabs. Also you can select to have all links open in tabs from a setting. Not sure if it is built into ff or if it is an addon i used to have. I am an opera user for now...

Back