• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird windows XP Pro problem...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

torin3

Ok, for a while now part of my job has been to set up PCs to run the software we have at work. Install Windows (2000 pro or XP pro) and the install Office 2000 and Vantage and a few other programs. Never been a problem, but now I'm getting to where I can't seem to install some of them. Specifically Vantage (it breaks when I try to install the Progress91d module) and now Gagetrak (an aftermarket Access add-in). I can install the Progress module by itself, and that worked once, but now it doesn't seem to be working. Gagetrak is weird. I've installed it quite a few times, but this time it looks like it installs, but when I try to run it, it tells me it needs to be installed to run, and won't run.

The only two things I can think of that have changed in my setup is I switched to a Gigabit switch and my moble profile (stripped down admin account) had outside internet access added.

I've switched back to a 100baseT switch and used my normal profile to try and install these programs and it still doesn't work. Any suggestions on something I might try. My boss isn't going to want to reactivate the support contract on Gagetrak just to deal with this, especially if it is something simple. And while we have Vantage support, it is murder getting through to anybody who knows advanced troubleshooting.

Thanks!

Good lord, I'm a moron...:bang head :bang head

My problem was I was installing the wrong version of Office 2000. It didn't have Access. As a result, both of the applications (which use access runtime), weren't working.

Install the right version, and everything is hunky-dory....

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Back