• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does this seem werid to any one else

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

||Console||

Ok so it was time for me to clean my loop out and some other small things . I have major problems trying to frind screws that will work with my rad + fans (blackice extreem III) no screws seem to be the right size. So i used Zip ties =( . I have a TT armor case and my rad is in the front of my case. with 3 pan flos on the inside and 3 cheep blue leds on the outside.

this time I took black tape and and made a poor mans shroud and covered all areas that were open on the push and pull sides. here is the messed up part I disconned my panflos and just had the cheep led fans going and my temps were only 2-3 deg (load) higher than when I have the high speed fans going ? I was alwasy told that the BIE III needed high flow fans but it seamed to do fine with just the cheep fans running . does this seam odd to any one else or was it that the room temps was only 15 deg ?

Last edited:
room temp may have something to do with it, but another thing is how long the computer had been on. Once all of the water has reached a constant is when the radiator shines.

"Cheap LED fans" doesn't necessarily mean that they're low flow either, just cheap.
High air flow without sounding like a weed eater takes some engineering though, and often costs at the retail end.

Back