• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

windows xp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bluesmap

Registered
i forgot how to make it stop showing the ballooon at the bottom right hand corner. the one that says "YOUR COMPUTER MIGHT BE AT RISK" that balloon thing is the most annoying thing i've seen.

i know it cant be that hard.

help

You can click on it which opens the security center and disable the notifications from within it, or you can open the management console, go to services and disable the security center.

Click: Start > Control panel

Double Click: Security Center

On the left of the window is a section labeled "Resources"

At the bottom (most likely) it says "Change the way Security Center alerts me" click that

In the window that pops up, you can uncheck any item of which you don't want to be notified.

If you will be installing an antivirus program (which I really hope you are) I'd recommend leaving them all checked. They will go away when it's installed. They can be quite helpful if a virus/trojan disables your antivirus program (I've had it happen a couple of times). The security center pops up and tells you it's been disabled. Otherwise you might not know until you've spread the infection all around. (Or access something else infectious)

Back