• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5W DH Dlx RAID

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jimmsch

I am currently running a RAID 0 array on my P5W and recently ordered 2 new SATA ll HDDs. I was hoping I can run them as another (seperate from the existing) RAID 0 array.

The exisitng RAID 0 array is using the EZ RAID setup. I think it is using the silicon chip? But I am not sure I have 2 IDE drives on the J Micron chip, this I am sure of. I think I still have the Intel 17ch chip?

Does anybody know if I can do this?

P.S. the data on my current RAID array is VERY precious to me, although I do have it backed up on one of the IDE drives.

Thanks

The EZ Raid is actually one of the ICH7R SATA ports split to 2 ports. I have never used the EZ Raid option but for ICH7R raid you will need to turn on the raid bios and ctrl-I on the second bios screen to set your new drives for raid. In the raid screen you can select which drives to be in an array and what type of raid so I think it should not interfere with the EZ Raid as long you select the right drives.

Back