• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Silverstone TJ09 watercooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

freshy98

I have been looking for the TJ09 for some while now, and it looks to me it would be very nice with a dual radiator/heatercore in the top.

There is someone on a different forums who made it for a customer, but I was wondering if people here have any experience with the TJ09 and watercooling.

AFAIK the only problem would be the mounting of the radiator since the fans in the top aren't next to each other, but rather with a small spacing between them.
But that can be fixed ofcourse.

Searching here for TJ09 didn't bring back any results.

I don't own the case but from looking on the pictures I came out with this.

It is $300 case and you be modding it. From the looks of it, one of the fans on the top must be moved. So the spacer sepearting both fan must go. Another thing, the space between motherboard and top of the case. I would say there is enough space for Bip with 25mm fan or bix with 25mm fan. Then you have the motherboard tray bracket that may cause problems with mouting radiator or with orientation of it.

External positioning of the radiator possible.

Personally for watercooling I would pick cheaper case or case that is easy to modify. I would rather go with coolermaster stacer 01.

I would try the TJ07 and watercooling, as the TJ07 is a bit more conducive to double or triple rads down in the bottom, in addition to looking clean.

One thing...

Air is less dense than water, thus, air will rise through water to the top of the loop. Thus you will have a LOT of water stuck in your radiator when you want to bleed or drain your system. I'd try a better location for the radiator, perhaps next to the air intake on the door would work.

I have the TJ07 atm. Using the dual rad in the front and even then bleeding is a b*tch.
Casing prices and modding I don't care too much about. I used to own a Yeong Yang 402 huge cube case. The price tag was huge back then too...

The spacing between the fans of the TJ09 shouldn't be too big of a problem from what I've seen so far. The bracket neither.

Guess I will stick to my TJ07 for now and get that damn whining sound away.
Something somewhere isn't right in the case making a whining noise which fades in and out all the time.
If only I knew where it was.......

Back