• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Notebook show up as a drive?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ShawnTRD

I don't know if this is possable, but I wanted to know if I could connect my work labtop (Windows 2000 with no admin rights) to my Desktop. I want the to be about to use my desktop and the OS and scan the Labtop for spyware/viruses. Is there a way to do this? I tried setting up a network but that wouldn't work (no admin rights):bang head
Maybe I could start the labtop in DOS and use a USB cable?

ShawnTRD said:
I don't know if this is possable, but I wanted to know if I could connect my work labtop (Windows 2000 with no admin rights) to my Desktop. I want the to be about to use my desktop and the OS and scan the Labtop for spyware/viruses. Is there a way to do this? I tried setting up a network but that wouldn't work (no admin rights):bang head
Maybe I could start the labtop in DOS and use a USB cable?

Without admin rights to make a network share about the only way I can think of to do it is to pull the HD out and get a 44 pin 2.5" hd to 40 pin and molex 3.5" hard drive adaptor and use the hard drive in your main rig.

Big Mike said:
Without admin rights to make a network share about the only way I can think of to do it is to pull the HD out and get a 44 pin 2.5" hd to 40 pin and molex 3.5" hard drive adaptor and use the hard drive in your main rig.

Well that sucks because I really don't want to do that. Any ideas of how I can check this labtop for spyware/virus without installing anything? Off a CD maybe?

Back