• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Orthos

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stebly

I've ran Orthos basically on blend for cpu & ram stressing and a few times
with the other choices. My question is, is there an optimum way to get the
most comprehensive results from this app.? Also, a noob question, what
does FFT really mean? Thanks.:santa:
BTW over 6 hrs no errors, no warnings. I also use Memtest86+ and get no
errors even with mutiple passes of test #5 and #8.

fft = Fast Fourier Transform

best thing to do is run small fft's (most people will suggest 24 hours) and also run super pi 32m (tests ram) or orthos blend (tests ram) as well as run memtest86+ thru at least 10 minutes of every test.

still, these do not mean the that system is 100% stable, but if you can pass all that, you can be pretty sure it will be able to handle whatever you throw at it without an error.

splat said:
fft = Fast Fourier Transform

best thing to do is run small fft's (most people will suggest 24 hours) and also run super pi 32m (tests ram) or orthos blend (tests ram) as well as run memtest86+ thru at least 10 minutes of every test.

still, these do not mean the that system is 100% stable, but if you can pass all that, you can be pretty sure it will be able to handle whatever you throw at it without an error.
Hey, thanks, so much to learn yet. Yes, I use SuperPi as well. Am trying to do this right and you guys are so much help. I love OC'ing but am still very new
at this, but I've sure learned quickly from these forums. Next big curve is
memory...........one step at a time:)

Back