• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AW9 Max Bios 13 Final...Maybe..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So far I've been unimpressed with BIOS version 1.3 which is a shame since Abit made us wait months for it.

Last night, I gave 13 Beta 3 and 13 Final a bit of a go and as batboy puts it unimpressed.
Still couldnt get past 441fsb no mater what I did and 70% of the time I'd have to do a cmos reset just to get it to boot again, that got old fast!

So I said to hell with it I'll give the new Beta/Alpha a go.
First off I went for 446fsb and got it.
Then I dropped the multiplier down to 6 and I got all the way to 470fsb before it did a reboot.
The thing is, if this is still just an Alpha or Beta 1 how good could this be for us in a month or 3 when 14 Final comes out.
Now Im quit the noob when it comes to testing so I cant wait to see some of the big guns like batboy, skou etc give it a shot.

I think this may be the bios that Hipro has been working on but I'm not sure. I know he was working on a 1333 strap bios that abit had sent him but I don't know if this is the same one or it's been improved on. I think we can get some more info about the change log on tues when when abit is back from vacation, lol.

I downloaded this "new" beta BIOS. Maybe I'll give it a try tomorrow if I don't have too bad of a hangover. Happy New Year!

At first I was having trouble with this "new" beta BIOS. Apparently the version 13 BIOS along with this beta adds another RAM timing.

Added DRAM timing option "Refresh Cycle Time (tRFC)"

Think the default was set at 28, so I increased it to 36 which helped.

Anyway, played around and got a new personal best suicide shot for my trouble. Still no 4 gig, but I think that's mainly because of my CPU.

E6600+MAX+CPU.JPG

Last edited:
So i just reformatted today... wondering if the consensus is to sit tight with the 9/15/06 bios or go for the 'one click' update to the latest?

I'm using 13 A11, and it works well for me.

But if you are running stock, then there may be no need to update at all.

One click update should give you 13 Final but there are Beta/Alpha that have come out since, 13A11, 14B01 and 14A02.

If you are going to push for a max OC then give the last 3 a try to see what works for you.

I've got a fairly conservative OC going right now, and i don't have any BiOS issues...

What really bugs me that UGuru won't save the settings (clock freq. fan eq settings etc. ) after i turn off the power. Is there an option that I am missing that saves the Uguru config in windows?

Not sure why it wont keep your setting, as all the bios's Ive givin a good work out have all saved there setting fine with uguru (unless I was just pushing it to far, ie: 470fsb) the main one's ive used are 12, 13B03 and 13A11

My uGuru has done that every once in a while in the past (not consistently). But since I've been using the BIOS version 1.3 and the current beta (linked in post #4), I no longer have that problem.

Well i did the update... Things seem to be fine all over, only thing ive noticed is that uGuru autodetected my ram voltage to be 2v instead of the previous 1.8v. The funny thing is that my computer seems to think it has a floppy drive now! odd.

The newer BIOS versions set the default memory voltage higher now to make sure more types of RAM will boot. If your RAM don't need that much and you want to run less, just manually set it lower. You can disable the floppy controller in the BIOS.

Back