• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 64bit + Windows 32bit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DvBoard

I was wondering if it woudl be possible to install and run windows 64 bit normally and install windows 32bit using VirtualPC to run any applications that i can't run in windows 64bit?

I'm building a new rig and this is something i didn't think about till just now.

thoughts? ideas? comments?

Thanks. :santa:

That should work fine. Windows 32bit will run sweet on a 64bit processor.

That should work but when gaming in a VM, the VM hardware (video card) emulation limitations might not be conducive to the top games.

If you're not planning to game in 32bit, then it should be much easier.

Really the only applications that wont run in Windows 64 is most of the Media Center Devices dont have drivers for 64 (or vista).

Or you could dual boot. To me there is always a performance hit when running something over something else using virtual pc or similar product. I wish Apple would hurry up and make a version of iTunes that will run on 64 bit XP. That's the only thing that stops me from making the move:mad:

Back