• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Java.exe /grumble

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CPUonNO2

So the other day I installed the java developers kit and then noticed that every time I started windows it would lag super bad. Turns out the culprit is 40 meg worth of java.exe loading at startup. I've since removed every trace of any java (RTE and all). As soon as I reinstalled just the RTE, java.exe is back at the top of task manager. I certainly don't remember this being the case before I started messing with the JDK. Any ideas?

IIRC, the only thing Java installs that runs at startup (which uses Java.exe anyway) would be the Java Control Panel. Look in the Control Panel for it, or see if you have a coffee cup icon in your tray after startup. I can't say for sure where the option to disable its run on startup (I'm on my linux box ATM) but it is in one of the tabs. Hopefully that fixes your problem :)

JigPu

Back