• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC help Pls.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shadowblade

Registered
Hi

question bout OC i have an ASUS P5W DH and E6700 and OCZ http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16820227161
and here is my settings
CPU Frequency:330
DRAM Frequency: 825MHz
Performance Mode: Standard
PCI Frequency: 100
PCI Clock Sync. Mode: 33.33MHz
Memory Voltage: 2.00V
CPU Core Voltage: 1.4500V
FSB Termination Voltage: 1.40V
MCH Chipset Voltage: 1.55V
ICH Chipset Voltage: 1.2V
Multiplier: 10

ok so i boot up to windows and when i run CPU-Z it still says 2.66Mhz.
Im running on Bios 1707 should i flash to 1506 or wat. Im not sure wat Im doing wrong but when i restart and go to my BIOS the settings are teh same still.

Welcome to the forums!

What version of Cpuz are you using? If it is an older version it may not be reporting correctly. If your overclock is failing then it would be default speed in Windows. Are you having to press F1 at the first bios screen to continue?

As for bios I am still using 1605? something or another, haven't tried any 17XX series yet. The 16XX series seem to work as well as any.

Yup Im using cpu-z 1.38 and after saving it I dont need to press F1.
I disabled virtualization and nething else that auto sets the CPU. I will try again later. Everytime i restart it still keeps the settings i left it at. And I still get only 2.66.

I will try setting it lower to 280 FSB and 10 multiplier.
that should give at least 2.8Mhz.

Set the DRAM frequency so it is 2x's what the fsb clock is... so if you set it to 280 then choose DRAM of 560, this will give you a 1:1 ratio and will probably allow your OC to work. I bet the memory isn't liking running that fast at only 2.0v, which RAM do you have??

~jtjuska

shadowblade said:
Yup Im using cpu-z 1.38 and after saving it I dont need to press F1.
I disabled virtualization and nething else that auto sets the CPU. I will try again later. Everytime i restart it still keeps the settings i left it at. And I still get only 2.66.

I will try setting it lower to 280 FSB and 10 multiplier.
that should give at least 2.8Mhz.

That's odd. If you set 10X330 and don't get "Overclock Failure press F1 to continue" then you should see 3300 in CPUz, not 2.66. :confused:

To me, it seems your ICH Chipset Voltage is a little low. It should be at 1.45V to 1.5V when overclocking. I would also up the Memory Voltage a little more. Maybe 2.3V.

ICH is the southbridge and its voltage doesn't go above 1.2 without mods. The MCH is the one that would need adjustment although setting the ICH at 1.2 shouldn't hurt it any. I wouldn't think that it would need any voltage adjustments though for only 330 FSB. I know that my board the MCH doesn't need voltage bumps until about 375 ~ 400 ish.

~jtjuska

<<Spider>> said:
The AB9 Pro can go up to 1.45V but I guess the P5w has the ICH7R and the AB9 pro has the ICH8R.

Totally different animals and voltage options. The P5W DH's are good up to at least 350 FSB with default board voltages.

Ok so I tried it again and i resetted cmos

When i resetted my CMOS and set up teh date and did not touch anything else teh F1 message appeared.

so when i started it is says
New CPU installed and enter setup
F1 menu.
F2 is to continue and load defaults.

My settings ATM with the message appearing is

CPU Frequency:275
DRAM Frequency: 413MHz
Memory Voltage: 2.10V
CPU Core Voltage: 1.4500V
MCH Chipset Voltage: 1.65V

and cpu-z still says 2.66.

Hmm, thats odd. It is saying new cpu installed and not overclock failed?

One thing I see in your settings is the mem freq, put that 1:1 with the cpu instead of being on a divider. Also, you are putting a lot of voltage to the board and cpu for the clocks. Put the CPU, FSB, MCH and ICH back to stock and memory 1:1 (550) and see what it does.

I am going to take a look at something on my board.

Ok here is my settings now

CPU Frequency:300
DRAM Frequency: 600MHz
Memory Voltage: 2.00V
CPU Core Voltage: 1.4000V
Multiplier: 9

I reverted back to 1602 BIOS and this time i get intel uCode error or sumtin like dat when i have the multiplier to 10.

Now i have it at 9 and when i checked cpu-z i get a reading of 2.399 when im suppose to get at least 2.70. I dunno nemore. :(

shadowblade said:
I reverted back to 1602 BIOS and this time i get intel uCode error or sumtin like dat when i have the multiplier to 10.

I looked at one your earlier posts and you said you disabled everything in the CPU section of the bios. The is one setting, "Microcode Updation" that you should have enabled. If you enable that then the uCode error should go away.

Ok Heres wat i disabled

Intel speedstep
Hyper path
Dram throttling
Enh C1 control
For sum reason the virtualization is greyed out but it says enabled how do turn it off mayb it might be dat causing it to revert back to default.

Ill try to reset the CMOS again.

Settings are still the same.

Virtualization should not cause any problems but to adjust you need to do a full power down and when you restart you will be able to disable it.

I am putting up pics of my bios settings. My CPU is an e6600 so don't try to run you FSB as high as mine, at least not yet. ;) Probably try your FSB around 300 to start. Also, my ram settings will differ from yours but this is just to give you an idea of settings.

Attachments

• Bios01.jpg
    Bios01.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 104
Ok I followed most of the things on the images my settings are these

CPU Frequency:300
DRAM Frequency: 600MHz
Memory Voltage: 2.10V
CPU Core Voltage: 1.350V
FSB Termination Voltage: auto
ICH Chipset Voltage: auto
Timings: 5-5-4-15-5

The thing is when I save settings I get no messages giving me overclock failure and also after saving the settings when I look at the post wher it says to press del to enter setup I see 2.66 Mhz and it never changes only when i go to 9 multiplier and it goes lower and i never seen my OC go over it. Even if i set it to at least 270 I would still see 2.66. Ill post sum pics latr on. Thx for being patient with me u helped me lots.

Back