• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Budget E6300 setup ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cozmo_d

I realy want to make the jump to c2d, but I have to save up the cash & was wondering what is a good stable mobo that can clock with e6300 & some ddr2 ram that will allow me to oc the e6300 on a low budget.

Thanks.

PS a Friend of mine has an e6300 at stock speed (the chip is in a dell pc) Im just amazed at how much faster it is vs. my P4 3.8ghz setup in my sig.

Its like some small wonder & i want some :D

Well, you are in the Abit section, so the budget Abit mobo would be the AB9, which is fine up to about 400 FSB, but if you are looking for a higher clocking budget mobo, then maybe check out the Gigabyte DS3.

Thanks BB If you were going to buy one part at a time what order would be best bet to save money over time ?

what part should I buy first the mobo, ram or cpu.
Weird question I know but when your alwayes on a tight budget you think about these things.

Basicaly what parts will depreciate the slowest.

Last edited:
cozmo_d said:
Basicaly what parts will depreciate the slowest.
A good name brand ram that has exellent IC's would lower in value slowly, and possibly become worth more then you payed for it over time (mines sitting at about 80 bucks more then I paid for mind and its only been a few months :eek: )

The going price for BB's ram right now is outragious :eek: :sn:

Next thing on the list would be good cooling parts.. they don't louse much value over time if there quality parts.

btw.. BB.. Evil has been telling me that the new rev. of the AB9 (and the pro) is hitting 500FSB.. I don't know any details as to what the rev. is or when it will be for sale though normal channels though.

Thx Greenmaji

Hows that smoothwall doing ?

I still need to get on IM with you n pick yer brain to set one up someday

Perhaps the AB9 is doing better nowadays. I know there are a couple more BIOS versions out since I played with one.

Yeah I agree, RAM is probably the first thing to buy. I can't believe how much this RAM I got has went up in just a few months. Next would be motherboard, then last is CPU.

greenmaji said:
btw.. BB.. Evil has been telling me that the new rev. of the AB9 (and the pro) is hitting 500FSB.. I don't know any details as to what the rev. is or when it will be for sale though normal channels though.
I guess that would be the quad GT that isn't out yet. Should be soon I figure.

cozmo_d said:
Thx Greenmaji

Hows that smoothwall doing ?

I still need to get on IM with you n pick yer brain to set one up someday
as said before

COOLING
Ram
mobo
CPU

I desided to try IPcop.. downloaded the ISO and havn't gotten around to burning it yet :eek:
I dont have a swich and would need another nic to run wireless anyway (would still have to use this router for a wireless point but at least the routing duties for it would be off-loaded) yea pretty much need to get a swich :-/
havn't seen you on IM latey.. Im always ready to BS about somthing :p

maxwedge said:

naa.. it was the reguar AB9 and AB9-pro just another rev.

greenmaji said:
maxwedge said:
greenmaji said:
naa.. it was the reguar AB9 and AB9-pro just another rev.
Oh, I haven seen or heard of them being around yet. Thanks.

Back