• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

not your usual BSOD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The reason I titled it that is, memtest checks out all 2gb of ram just fine, and I've got it (always irql not less or equal) when - get this - scrolling a pdf file! It's also happened a couple of times when using a program called pdf creator. It's happened about 3 times today, it has been 90+f inside, but no components seem to be running beyond design limits - they're a bit more than usual, but not more than what the specs would allow. I've been getting it less frequently (every 2-3 days) before now. No dll's or drivers mentioned, and I can't recall any error codes. System restore claims I haven't installed anything this month. Freak occorunces, or time to re-format?

From the STOP errors sticky:

0x0A - Kernel Interrupt Request Level Not Less Or Equal - This deserves a bit of mention because IRQL seems to be one of the MOST common, if not THE most common, STOP error encountered on these forums. In the kernel, kernel-mode processes have the right to create interrpt requests up to and including a certain level, which is determined by their priority level. If a kernel-mode process, however, goes *over* that priority level, Win32 executives will generate a STOP error and no interrupt will take place. This is almost always a device driver problem, since device drivers are the most unpredictable of kernel mode processes. Watch for new drivers, or, if you have just installed new drivers, roll them back.

At present, the most common reported cause of this error is a dodgy piece of Logetich mouse software that permits use of forward/back buttons on your mouse. Check for the presence of this piece of software as well.

Back