• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need NB cooling tips for my 965P-DS3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krazyshane

Registered
It will fit

You may have to turn it on an angle and only use 2 screws. The screws will go in right between the fins. It will help a lot. I put a 40 on mine and it worked out nice.

deadlydude said:
I didn't have to cool the NB and I'm running at 3.5Gig...

Deadlydude,

What is your CPU temp on normal and load? Also, was it difficult to get the Zalman installed on this motherboard? I perfer that but did not think it would fit. I currently have a Arctic Cooler Freezer Pro 7.

daxster said:
Deadlydude,

What is your CPU temp on normal and load? Also, was it difficult to get the Zalman installed on this motherboard? I perfer that but did not think it would fit. I currently have a Arctic Cooler Freezer Pro 7.

50C no load; 60C loaded
Zalmin fit fine on this motherboard...I found it was easiest to install the cooler with the motherboard out of the case. You might have to remove the PSU depending on the case clearances.

Back