• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ahh the smell of burnt transistors...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quickstreek

Registered
Welp... it took no overclock or anything to toast my rig. my guess is a funny TV tuner card that inputs to the line in the onboard sound... Get my computer back home from school and plug er in (worked for a month prior with same setup) and start er up n nothing... cept the smell of burnt electronics.

upon some disection i see the transistor behind the audio jack/ (by the northbridge i believe but its not in front of me) is all black and burnt up... didnt even do anything to the comp. I dont understand it.

Newegg online chat rep is givving me the run around. gonna call tomorrow but looking dim because the think is burnt and they consider it physical damage... it seems to me that their RMA policy doesnt cover much then does it. I didnt modify the board in any way.

Well anyone know how to get in contact with a person at Gigabyte? or if newegg would RMA this? also my back plate for my tuniq tower is still on the board... any tips for getting it off without breaking anything?

thanks in advance...

Back