• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New case, and now need suggestion on rads.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lokitexas

I got an early present from the wife. She got me a new case. This one
http://www.mountainmods.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_32&products_id=77

So I now have some room to add either another single 120 Rad (so I will have 2 singles) or a 120.2 Rad.

I was thinking the 2 singles can be placed on the 2 bottom fan mounts so that it will leave the top 2 to bring air to the passive cooling on my cards etc.

Any suggestion to go with the 2 singles or 120.2?

Also I dont want to spend a ton, but dont have to skimp either on the rads. So whats a good one?

This is my old system and will be using the same parts etc..
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=486186

The only 120.2 radiator that you can mount in front of the case would be from thermochill. The case has precut holes for thermochill radiators infront of it. In the back where the hard drives are, I believe one 120.2 can be installed. Not thermochill but something like bip2 or mcr220.

Thermochill raidators perform pretty good with low cfm fans. The air that would come out through radiator should be still cool enough to cool your gfx cards. That if you would want install 120.2 or 120.3 in front.

If you want to go with couple single radiators then pretty much most of the them will be good. Black ice pro, swfitech, black ice gt.

meionm said:
The only 120.2 radiator that you can mount in front of the case would be from thermochill. The case has precut holes for thermochill radiators infront of it. In the back where the hard drives are, I believe one 120.2 can be installed. Not thermochill but something like bip2 or mcr220.

Thermochill raidators perform pretty good with low cfm fans. The air that would come out through radiator should be still cool enough to cool your gfx cards. That if you would want install 120.2 or 120.3 in front.

If you want to go with couple single radiators then pretty much most of the them will be good. Black ice pro, swfitech, black ice gt.

Thanks for the response.

I was under the impression that the Thermochill or any other Rad could fit the front mountings even though it was pre-made for the Thermochill. At least its what their website says...oh well.

Would doing 2 single rads be efficient? I have the Swiftech one now.

lokitexas said:
Thanks for the response.

I was under the impression that the Thermochill or any other Rad could fit the front mountings even though it was pre-made for the Thermochill. At least its what their website says...oh well.

Would doing 2 single rads be efficient? I have the Swiftech one now.
You can put any single radiator in front but if you want to go with dual or triple radiator, the precut holes are only for thermochill raidators 120.2, 120.3.

One larger radiator is better than two smaller ones. Though if you already have single rady you can add another one. The difference might be small or none. Since you will be cooling cards passively, tow radies will be enough for cpu.

Back