• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

quick disconnect

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

core2due

I'm going to water cool my xbox 360 soon and i know ive seen quick disconnect fittings that don't leak when not connected. Does anybody know where i can get these?

They are Colder fittings. IDK the exact units you need (perhaps someone will) but I believe they are bulkhead fittings. They are not cheap, I think like $20 per connection or so.

20 bucks? These are the exact fittings i want or something like it. If you watch this video you will see what i'm talkin about.
:santa:

Holly **** Im so there... Maybe i can talk a relative into picking up the tab for me... OMFG those are worth the cost IMHO. But I'll wait till after x-mass though lol.

Nik - Youre the man. Why i have never browsed McMaster before is beyond me.

Edit: wait... not 1/2'' ID fittings :( I'm sad now. I was foolish and got my hopes up.

Last edited:
Try these...
http://www.mcmaster.com/nav/enter.asp?pagenum=164

I have a central radiator system that cools 3 machines and I use the ones at the bottom of the page.. Coupler size 3/8", Tube ID size 1/2".

A few things...
Make sure you get the ones with the "shut-off valve".
They DO reduce flow.
When you disconnect them, there is a little liquid left in the body that will come out. Keep a few paper towels handy.

I would really like to see how you set that all up GTJ. these fittings look pretty nice. you would probably need a pretty bad *** pump to handle all that though.

I had them on my old watercooling PC. They are awesome when you have an external watercooling enclosure or something of the sort. The disconnects are deceiving though. They say no-spill, but when you disconnect them, a teaspoon of coolant is released so be sure to have a paper towel under them. Disregard the price. They truly are lifesavers.

Oh, half inch? Im back on board then!! :D:D:D

I do have an external enclosure, a big one. See the Jet Black project link in my sig (page 2) -- Quick release is like better than ***! Well, regarding that project anyway.

In spirit of the holidays, I am sensoring myself when i get excited rather than hoping the profanity filter catches my in-discressions.

Back