• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5W DH Dlx BIOS freezes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jimmsch

Wver since I installed my TT 120 (which I hate btw) it seems my system takes sometimes up to 3 minutes to POST. I do not know if this is related to the hateful cooler or not, but I never had this trouble before I installed this cooler.

Also when in BIOS going to hardware monitor is hit or miss. Sometimes I key myself over to the Power section and key down to hardware monitor and hit enter and nothing happens. BIOS is froze. I have to hit the reset button. Sometimes I do get into the hardware monitor but then it freeaes there. Cannot key down to anything. Have to hit reset button. Again this NEVER happened before installing the cooler.

And before anybody says anything, I reset the TT 120 twice and always have the same results. Temps are no better (actually worse) than the Zalman cooler I had.

1602 BIOS...All specs in sig

very odd since the TT 120 beats every cooler i have ever used and I have had no problems with it on 4 mobos so far,

OK I flashed to the newer 1707 BIOS and I can set everything but again it freezes at hardware monitor.

Could it be the case fans I installed along with the cooler? I used to have the top blow hole fan and the rear exhayst fan connected to a front bay fan controller. I took them out and installed 2 Aero cool turbine 3 pin fans and connected to the fan headers on the mobo. One is connected to the fan header towards the bottom of the board right under the SB chipset. The other is connected to the pwr fan 1 header right above the WiFi card. I used the one on the left thinking the one on the right is reserved for the optional NB chipset cooler, which I do not have installed.

I have plans on getting rid of the front panel fan controller as it gives wrong temp readings and I would rather just control the fans through the BIOS. I will just put the USB/Firewire/audio device that came with the case in its place. I am just waiting on the guy that built this machine to send the key LOL

Does anybody now where to buy a key for the Ultra Aluminus, or how to pick the lock without damaging anything?

EDIT: Holy Crap!! My case fans were conflicting with my BIOS. I unplugged them and went into BIOS and all was smooth as silk. So now I am on the hunt for some 3 pin case fans that will NOT conflict with the BIOS. I need tried and true, but they have to have blue LEDs. I know you all are into function over form, but I am sure there is somebody that has used some LED fans on this mobo that worked for them.

In the meantime while I was in there I set the fans to silent. I disabled the CPU fan in BIOS so I can use the manual control on the TT 120. I set the fan to about 1600RPM and it is nice and quiet. The temps are 36 - 39 C idle. I was hoping this Tuniq would get me into the lower 30's but I suppose I can live with a 1 - 2 degree temp increase in exchange fr the quietness.

Last edited:
if your using the qfan crap or whatever its called that could be it, hardware monitor is known to "freeze" or lag on p5w and p5b, just stay away from it lol its useless anyway.

I use Q-Fan for one of my fans, and i have 4 fans plugged in to the Mobo, and yes, there is a 3-5sec delay when i try to get in to hardware monitor.

Try plugging in your TT fan directly in to PSU. The fan could be drawing too much current from the mobo, thus giving you problems.

Back