• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone gone from DH to P5B and then back to DH?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hyperasus

Just wondering if any of you have had both DH and P5B and still prefer the DH. I think the P5B is a much much better mb then the DH, but I still see the DH getting recommended alot. Curios what people think that have owned and used both.

Last edited:
I have had several of each and still have 1 of each. I much prefer the P5W-DH to the P5B-DLX for the kind of clocking I do. The P5B-DLX is a fine board but the P5W-DH is superior in nearly every category other than FSB OC, at least imho.

Either of you run 4 drive matrix raids on your DH's? I have and it works, but not as easy as the P5B.

same here on the drives

as far as the mobos, having built with the p5b when using 6300 and 6400 and having my 6600 on a p5b and p5w, I love the p5w and 6600 combo, but if it was a 6400 or 6300 p5b all the way for obvious reasons of the fsb.

FSB aside the p5w just seems better performance and stability wise with my configuration and seemed to have less OC quirks.

hyperasus said:
Either of you run 4 drive matrix raids on your DH's? I have and it works, but not as easy as the P5B.

4 drives in matrix Raid is actually impossible on the P5WDH from what I understand :-/ some genius at Asus decided to only implement 3 of the ICH7R's 4 SATA ports. The rest of the ports are off the add-on controllers.

4 drive raid is possible with the DH. I have done it.....its just a pain.

I prefer the P5W-DH since it has two (2) onboard IDE controllers. Still running four (4) IDE devices thru the motherboard, and two (2) others thru high speed ULTRA ATA add in card. And one (1) SATA drive....so needed the extra IDE controller. :)

hi'
from everything I've read, the p5w-dh is older but rock solid and the p5B might be newer and in some corner more performing(still have to be proved) but less stable and surely more up to date for raid stuffs, but really, except for mad Oclockers ... :rolleyes:
imho, the p5w-dh is a good choice, even Oc'ed to 400 fsb ;)

i686

ps; glad to have cosen this p5w-dh for the E6600 I got too ;)
it makes a good couple :)

Back