• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Horrible Problems with INFINITY 975X/G

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeepSky

Hey everyone.

So for Christmas I got the following:

DFI INFINITY 975X Socket T (LGA 775) Intel
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz LGA 775 Processor
CORSAIR XMS2 1GB (4 x 512MB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
BFG Tech BFGR88640GTSE GeForce 8800GTS 640MB

So I put everything together and turn it on to see a logo screen that says "Infinity"
"Press [TAB] to see the post screen"
"Press [DEL] to enter BIOS configuration"

It doesn't respond to any keyboard commands, including ctrlaltdel to restart. So I do a hard restart, same thing, same thing, same thing. Then I restart and mash TAB and I get to the post screen. It checks my ram and once its done that it freezes, no response to keyboard at all again.

Mashing DEL right after a restart never gets me into BIOS, and mashing TAB only gets me to the post screen 70 percent of the time. While finding out I could do this I got 3 different warning BEEPS, none of which were in the manual.

So what do you guys think is the problem? Bad board maybe? Any suggestions? Please help :(

Yeah I've tried with just one stick. I've tried with 4 sticks and no IDE or SATA attached. I've tried the same with one stick. And I've tried some other stuff.

Normally when brand new mobos won't post even once does it mean they are dead? I'm thinking I might have gotten a dead board.

Thanks for the reply, any other ideas?

Have you tried resetting your CMOS to defaults? Although rare, I have had some experiences with mobos that have predefined settings from a previous config.

Thanks for all the replies guys,

I tried everything suggested and still nothing, I'm pretty sure its DOA. So I returned it and got an Asus, never had a single problem with an Asus board.

Back