• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Striker not booting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Morbo

Hey this is my first post on the forums so hello :santa:

I have a bit of a problem. I have an asus exterme striker mobo with the intel QX6700 cpu.

The PSU I am using is a few years old now. it is a thermaltake silent purepower 580watt and I have a 20 to 24 pin converter to fit it into the mobo.

My problem is that when I put power to the motherboard I get the blue LEDs lighting around the MB but not the green power LED and when i try to boot the machine I get nothing. I was wondering if anyone has any solutions. Is it possible that the PSU needs changed?

oh man, that psu is WAY too weak :)
gotta get something real beefy - native 24 pin, ill bet you've got an 8800gtx or two to go with it too?

you need something in the 700-1000w range!
any of these will do the trick (expect for the 6 or 7 on the bottom) - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...bCategory=58&Description=power+supply&Ntk=all
here's a comparrison of all of em - link
if you can afford the 1kw, id go for that
17-703-007-01.jpg
:drool:

and :welcome: to the forums :beer:

Last edited:
hehe yeah i got an 880 gtx sitting in there too :p

hehe cool. i had thought the PSU needed to be changed. Thx for the reply

I will get get it changed and see if that helps

Morbo said:
hehe yeah i got an 880 gtx sitting in there too :p

hehe cool. i had thought the PSU needed to be changed. Thx for the reply