• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DMA in P5B deluxe?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Merlin7777

Does anyone know how to change/check if DMA is enabled on the P5B deluxe. Normally it is listed under the ide controllers in the device manager, but seeing as there is no official ide controllers, I don't know how to check the DMA status.

Any help would be appreciated.

Check where you said it is;)

Device manager >> IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers >> primary or secondary IDE channel (right click > properties > advanced )

I assume you've installed the JMicron IDE controller right ? Then you can not see it anymore since it listed as SCSI devices and no way to check the DMA status or other IDE attributes like normal IDE port.

Under device manager screen, just change the view to "Devices by connection" and you'll see something like this.

JMicronIDE.PNG

But, if you can't live without that IDE attributes, you will have to uninstall that Jmicron driver to see that and it will show up as standard IDE channel as Kendan said.

Fyi, without that JMicron driver, it is well known problem for P5B-Deluxe mobo, that IDE port at some DVD writer will acting up strangely such as slowdown, high CPU etc.

Have you try the latest "beta" JMicron driver ?

Check it out here at Asus site :

JMicron JMB36X RAID Controller Driver v1.17.04.00 beta for Windows 2000/XP/2003 & 64bit XP/2003.
Fix fail to record multisession DVD discs with some ATAPI DVD burners using Nero. (Download Link)

Last edited:
Merlin7777 said:
great! thanks guys.
I wasn't looking under the intel port 5 section.

@Kendan
yeah, i did. There lied the dilemma. I will try the dma fix by bing when I get home.

Ahh that explains it because I am not doing raid at this time so I have no need for that driver. If I find my IDE devices messing up I know where to go as I know there is a problem for some people now.

yeah I am running a raid 0 array, so the option is not in it's usual place.

I just need to get my monitor back, so I can check this out!

Back