• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Re-use fluid?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lokitexas

I just got some FluidXP, and am now changing out my Rad, Pump, and Res....

And I really dont want to buy another coolant. Its only been running for maybe a month...how bad would it be to drain it, and re-use it?

I occasionally reuse coolant if there is no growth and I don't feel like being responsible about disposing it (anything with ethylene glycol should never go down the drain, you'll be drinking it, eating it, or otherwise regretting it later on in life ;) ).

i have had the same fluid-xp in my loop for over a year now and my temps are still good, i think your safe to reuse it like moto7451 said as long as thers nothing growing in there

i re-use mine all the time i just run it through a coffee filter when i put it back in the the loop and then suppliment w/ distilled water

Awesome. Thanks for the replies guys.

Since there is not one decent PC store here, I have to order everything online, and didnt want to wait another week for more FluidXP.

I dont think I have any growth. And I am getting new tubing, pump, rad, and res, so it will be a clean install just about.

Back