• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Top Performance feature killed my PC! Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

khengsin

My pc was running fine before this but after the discovered the 'top performance' feature, the nerd inside me wanted to play around. After entering bios and selecting the top performance feature, my computer rebooted to a blank. After a moment, text came out saying "Xpress recovery trying to located bios recovery on HD". But since i didn't do any Xpress recovery, it failed to locate anything after that everything's been blank!

I tried taking out the battery overnight, putting a jumper on the CMOS reset but nothing works. The mobo powers up and the cd drive lights up for a while but my floppy drive doesn't. HELP! What should i do?

Here are my system specs:
8I848PG Gigabyte Mobo
2.4GHZ P4 , 1 Gig Kingston DDR400, Geforce4 Ti4400

Thank u in advance.

Do you have Dual Bios... I beleive F9 on bootup will restart the BIOS back to an older version, though it depends on the motherboard. Check your manual

Have you tried inserting GB Driver/util CD as you post? If that fails I would try to burn your bios file onto a CD and give that a shot since you indicated floopy does not seek. Likewise, check your Manual / post screen to enter the built in bios updater (ez flash or what ever it is called).

CD is your best bet.. it looks like your mobo is pre-dual bios and pre-ezflash.

Er slight warning, every gigabyte dual bios board I have had, and I have screwed up the flash, what I have had to do is to disconnect all hardware, ie hard drives cd, dvd,s soundcards, you name it, before I could do anything with, I dont know if it the same with the newer baords

leedbrierley said:
Er slight warning, every gigabyte dual bios board I have had, and I have screwed up the flash, what I have had to do is to disconnect all hardware, ie hard drives cd, dvd,s soundcards, you name it, before I could do anything with, I dont know if it the same with the newer baords

I dont know... never needed it...

But lets just say that if you really needed the Dual Bios. This was a small price to pay compared to calling the MoBo maker and having them send you a new chip.

welll i F#@$# a lot of mother bords flashing so i got a trick to recover it its funny tho u just get a nother mother bord with a removable bios and it needs to be a duel bios bord i just pull the seconed one and put the removable one in and do a hot swap flash the rong bios to it and just take it out and put the new one back in works like a charm but new mother bords cant do that eney more to do the hot swap u need the p4 like 475 or wheat ever ones lol and like i used a aopen mother bord to do it it works nice

GreenJelly said:
Do you have Dual Bios... I beleive F9 on bootup will restart the BIOS back to an older version, though it depends on the motherboard. Check your manual
F9 on boot will take you to the HD backup/recovery. You have to envoke it in the BIOS screen. Which is the F9. Seems Gigabtye like the F9 as the backup or recovery.

Back