• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a bug identified.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mrgreenjeans

Somewhere trolling i picked up a bug and/or spyware and i can't shake it. I did identify it by a .exe program that showed up in the task manager. The links I found for removal required a safe boot, registry tweak, and the deletion of a couple of files. Well, before Christmas i didn't have the time and now i've got the time, can't identify the sucker. As I recall, I googled something that was like a 'lladdl.exe" program (at least it had several 'l's' in the name) and there were numerous hits on the program as spyware. What happens is that everytine I open a browser, be it firefox or IE, i get a pop-up window in IE for some junk.
I've got Norton up, ran Spybot S&D in reg and safe mode, and windows defender, none of which have fixed the problem. I'm real hesitant to click on the "fix all your computer problems and make it run 4x faster" links that turn up on my search sites.
Need some direction fellows. Thanks.

Malware

Malware is getting worse, my explorer was hijacked as well. Norton AV picks them up quick, but a manual remove is good. You can't win either install an AV or reinstall XP. Might have to start logging on in reduced priviledges.

Back