• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RMAing my Gigabyte 965p-S3, going for the ASUS P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP instead

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spoudazo

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131028

So you think it's a good choice?

Long story short, for some reason the chipset drivers and other "features" of the 965-s3 have been nothing but a headache. For the past month I have been battling my harddrives not being recognized, then being recognized on the next boot, then the sound card drive not loading, then loading the next time, etc. so I checked if it was the RAM, it wasn't, checked if it was the OC, it wasn't checked everything. It does this only in XP, but not in Vista, as I guess they spent more time on preparing the Vista drivers?

Anyway, I'm planning on ordering the ASUS P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP on Saturday, Lord willing, and then I'll be sending in this headache, otherwise known as the Gigabyte 965p-S3.

So anything I should know before ordering this mobo? Any cons? :)

Over the Christmas break, I have installed Windows 4 times, trying different things. :(
13-131-028-04.jpg

Excellent choice bro. I have the "Bite" 965P-S3...LOL! And wish I hadn't a gotten it. I bought it as a backup board and it is a headache.

krag said:
Excellent choice bro. I have the "Bite" 965P-S3...LOL! And wish I hadn't a gotten it. I bought it as a backup board and it is a headache.

Well good news is, that if you're going to Vista, I didn't have any problems with it. :bang head

But of course, all games run horribly on mine since my 7950gx2 isn't yet supported, and your 8800gtx cards don't even work in Vista yet, but I think Nvidia is about to release some Vista/8800gtx drivers. ;)

Oh yeah, it's stable alright :cry:

Where's the rest of the Task Manager :cry:

Attachments

• NOTstable.JPG
    NOTstable.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 392
Spoudazo said:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131028

So you think it's a good choice?

Long story short, for some reason the chipset drivers and other "features" of the 965-s3 have been nothing but a headache. For the past month I have been battling my harddrives not being recognized, then being recognized on the next boot, then the sound card drive not loading, then loading the next time, etc. so I checked if it was the RAM, it wasn't, checked if it was the OC, it wasn't checked everything. It does this only in XP, but not in Vista, as I guess they spent more time on preparing the Vista drivers?

Anyway, I'm planning on ordering the ASUS P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP on Saturday, Lord willing, and then I'll be sending in this headache, otherwise known as the Gigabyte 965p-S3.

So anything I should know before ordering this mobo? Any cons? :)

Over the Christmas break, I have installed Windows 4 times, trying different things. :(
13-131-028-04.jpg

I was thinking about getting the Gigabyte board and now I'm glad I got the ASUS P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP. It just came today and I'm going to install everything this weekend. But the way I like your scripture quote from the book of 1 Peter 3:18 it is a great truth.

scornduffer said:
I was thinking about getting the Gigabyte board and now I'm glad I got the ASUS P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP. It just came today and I'm going to install everything this weekend. But the way I like your scripture quote from the book of 1 Peter 3:18 it is a great truth.

Cool, glad I could reaffirm your purchase. :)

And yes, 1 Peter 3:18 is a great verse, one of my favorite. :D

Back