• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vantec Stealth on a GT Stealth 240

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyreal

I am currently looking for some good fans to cool my new radiator. I was originally looking for delta tri-blades but I couldn't find any in Canada and I don't want to bring them in from the States. I found these Vantec Stealths and they looked pretty good.

I am going to be putting them at the front of my case on the radiator. The GT Stealth is designed for low cfm fans and I am only going to be cooling my processor. I may put a maze4 on my graphics card later. Are these fans any good on a radiator? and are the specs listed on the Vantec site accurate?

The stealths are made by nidec. I have one and it has noisier bearings than other fans I've used like yate loon, papst, panaflo, delta low speed triple blades, etc...
Any other options?

Tyreal said:
If I can find longer screws, I'll get panaflo ultra high speeds.
Go to a hardwarestore and get 4" metal screws. I think they are #6/32 here in the US. Then take your rad and fan\shroud, stack them up and thread your screw, account for thickness of case, and then cut the screws down if needed. I'll try and find a pic of what I mean.

And the Panaflo HE, are loud as hell, they are high speed and I can hear mine at the other side of the hallway. For your rad I suggest PAnaflo Medium at the most.

Last edited:
I have a Panaflo NMB-MAT Ultra High Speed right now and although they are insanely loud and powerful, they undervolt VERY well. I have one right now and I love it. I always run it at 7v.

Tyreal said:
I have a Panaflo NMB-MAT Ultra High Speed right now and although they are insanely loud and powerful, they undervolt VERY well. I have one right now and I love it. I always run it at 7v.
Ok that is a different beast.

Actually all the Hardware Labs stuff uses M4 threaded screws which is a similar thread to 6-32 but you'll damage the threads a little by using them.

Back