• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Acronis True Image 9 Can't See My Hard Drive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mawsoccer

I have been using Acronis TI9 on my old computer for a couple years without any problems. On that computer I have an Asus P4S800 Motherboard, 1 IDE Hard Drive, and 1 IDE DVD/CD Drive. Everything works fine on that one. I think that might be because it has 2 IDE Cable Slots on the Motherboard, so the IDE Drives aren't on the same cable.

Anyway, I tried restoring on my new computer the other day (Asus P5B Deluxe Motherboard, and an IDE Hard Drive and CD/DVD Drive on the same IDE Cable because my motherboard only has one IDE Cable slot). I set my my motherboard to boot from the CD Drive with my Acronis CD in it as usual, and loaded the Full Version of Acronis TI 9. When I selected to restore a backup, it asked me to select where I was restoring the image from and I selected my External HD.

But then I noticed it didn't see my internal drive, so how was I supposed to restore when I wouldn't load my Internal drive?

I tried a bunch of things in an attempt to get it to see my internal drive including disconnecting the IDE Cable from my CD Drive after Acronis had loaded and a changing a bunch of BIOS settings, but nothing worked.

Eventually I was forced to disconnect the HD in my old computer and plug in the HD from my new one and restore the backup to the new HD using the old computer.

I would like to find out what I am doing wrong on this new computer that is keeping Acronis from seeing my internal IDE HD.

I am getting a new internal SATA HD within the next couple of days, so I dont know whether Acronis will be able to see that one or not, but I would really appreciate if someone let me know what is wrong with the IDE Setup.

One thing I did notice was that Acronis would load my internal drive if I loaded the Safe Mode of TI 9 but that mode doesnt have the drivers to load a USB HD, so I wasnt able to restore that way either.

Back