• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MP-05 vs Apogee

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Immortal_Hero

How do a MP-05 and an Apogee compare? From the review I saw the MP-05 beats an Apogee by a few c's.

Can you link where you read it? I thought they were very close to each other - MC05 being better by 1C or so - but that was about 4 months ago when I got my Apogee though...

Got a link? I haven't really seen any comparisons of the two. Both are good blocks and you can't go wrong with either but its always good to see who's on top at the high and low flow ranges.

well that's your answer right there. I'd call them pretty much equal, as 1-3c's can fluctuate each time you mount a block. Grab whatever one is cheaper, if they're the same price, the MP-05 looks fine :)

Well looking at a cheap MP05 in the classies that needs some work... looks like it needs some serrious lapping and a good cleaning.

hell I got my new Apogee for $39+ with an AM2 holding block...

Ordered that and a MCA60? for my Evga 7600 VGA but of course it no fit!

I own both (have not used the MP-05 yet) and I like the build quality of the MP-05 much better. I think there has been some discussion about the MP-05 vs the storm over at XS.

Well try finding an Apogee right now for starters. I looked on E-Bay even last night and did not find any.

Back