• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech pump DOA?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

68Injunhed

Anyone ever seen this?

Just finished running my new loop, started filling, jumped my PSU, was gonna bump it a bit to start getting out air, hit the power, and nothing from the pump. PSU fan runs, I get 12.2v at the molex plugs with my meter, but no pump. It's a D5.

:mad: :bang head :mad: :bang head :mad: :bang head

Nevermind...wow I'm a dumbass sometimes.

I took the end off the power cable from the pump to sleeve it, and put it back on backwards, so the pump was only getting the 5v feed from the red side of the Molex......:rolleyes: DOH!

I knew I should not have taken something apart one day, and put it back together a week later...get's me every time.

Sorry to assault Swiftech's reputation...the pump runs perfectly, the loop pretty much bled itself...should have the system back up and running tommorrow.

lol, yea, they should have the corresponding colors on the molex plastic bit, then there wont be any mess ups.

but i just double check it with another molex connector every time.

I think my main problem was not actually knowing there was a difference. On a whim, I put my test probes up inside the connector and touched the pins going to the pump itself, instead of the open plug, and found out there is a difference:bang head

Live and learn...at least I didn't kill any expensive hardware yet.

LOL...this is just as bad as setting up some new speakers, wondering why they aren't working just to find that they were never plugged in :D

QuietIce said:
At least you weren't trying to run a 5v part with the 12v ...!

o yes, that would of been disastrous.

i was once trying to test a fan out and i didn't have a psu around, but i did have a bunch of batteries.

but unfortunately i miscalculated the amount of batteries i needed by about 3. dont ask me how. cuz i dunno, i think its because i need some glasses lol. (it was a small fan and didn't need a lot of electricity to go)

but thankfully the connection between a couple of the batteries weren't good and nothing bad happend lol. (if the connection was good i overvolted a 5 volt fan by 4.5 volts lol)

darkcow said:
but thankfully the connection between a couple of the batteries weren't good and nothing bad happend lol. (if the connection was good i overvolted a 5 volt fan by 4.5 volts lol)
Hey makin a flin' case there?
LOL:beer:

Back