• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MP10 and album art

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

striker85

I got the new version of Windows Media Player, with the new layout for browsing the library and so forth. Anyway, for numerous artist entries in the library it does not show the album art in the tile layout (the little pictures of the CD covers). Yet, when I switch over to the now playing view, there is the album art looking back at me. So, in the actual folder, there is no picture file for the album art. That is why, I'm assuming, there is no album art in the library view. But then where is the album art that it is showing me in the now playing view? MP had to go and download it or something and I can't find where it stores it.

The album art is stored as hidden files in the My Music directory... you'll need to check "Show hidden files and folders" and uncheck "Hide protected operating system files", under My Computer | Tools | Folder Options | "View" tab. You should see files with names like...

AlbumArtSmall.jpg
AlbumArt_{00A060FE-2B1E-4F2F-BAD9-3CF5AA6FFB6F}_Large.jpg
AlbumArt_{00A060FE-2B1E-4F2F-BAD9-3CF5AA6FFB6F}_Small.jpg
Folder.jpg

Re: your problem, you may want to try the Album Art Fixer...

http://www.avsoft.nl/ArtFixer/default.htm

Last edited:
Back