• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E6400 stuck at 3.6Ghz - HELP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stephen44

Registered
:bang head
I have a
E6400,
P5B-DX
ballistix PC8000 dual 2GB http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820146563
Scythe Infinity with mount mod
430W seatronics PS - basic video card - so this is more than enough good power/amps

if i basically max out all voltages in the bios (including vcore ) and set multiplier to 8 and start increasing the FSB i can get to 3.6 stable - i can then reduce all voltages a long way down and remain stable
- runs orthos for 30 mins - temps around 65C (just for testing)

if i go to 3.7GHz - gets to windows - but then very unstable.

I noticed on all my testing that i needed the memV Vdimm set to 2.45 to get stability at most speeds. timmings are (5-5-5-15)

Do you think this is where my problems are at ??? - as I can not increase this in the bios anymore - is this what the VDIMM mod is for ????

What do you think the max vdimm can be (for testing not 24/7) ?

also since the board underclocks by 0.25V and the memory is rated at 2.2V - do you think my Vdimm (bios 2.45) is really only 2.2'ish aswell ???

when in windows what can I use to see VDimm ?

Merry Xmas everyone !!!!!! :santa:

I dont think your really stuck 3.6 is a very good OC and @ the top end of what ppl are getting out of those 6400's

yes that is a nice clock for a 6400. but ahh 1.7vcore 0_o Ive been reading and with that combo CPU and mobo more voltage can hinder your OC. Also what Bios do you have??

3.6GHz for a e6400 is plenty a good OC, I think that might be as high as your gonna get without making your system unstable.

1.7 on the core.. I thought I was pushing my luck with 1.625(in the bios) with no vdroop mod.
Hope you have a fan cooling that ram down.
What are your temps?

i only ran the max voltages for maybe 5 minutes - to see where I could go if I got watercooling and some board mods.
I had a great big floor fan sucking in 33F air from outside and blowing in the case. The PC had been switched off all night - so the temps idles at 55C and only reached 65C when I stopped.
It ran 3.77Ghz though - did 20 X 20 Passes of 1MB super-pi-mod !!!! vcore = 1.6

But AIR - COOLED 3.77 ????? - wild !!!!

I am running it 24/7 on 3360Mhz vc=1.368 vdimm=2.3 Vnb=1.45 temp under load = 51C (orthos/2threads)
I will post a picture later !!

Onme thing I can not get it to run at multiplier 7 - whatever i do - with my memory it seemed obvious to do 500*7=3500Mhz and a 1:1 ratio with my pc8000 memory ???

Any ideas please ???

Last edited:
Back